It has been well over a year since COVID-19 became part of our lives. Most of us no longer are having daily conversations with our clients about their business income coverage, and how it applies—or doesn’t apply—in a pandemic.
However, the problem of coverage still is with us. Businesses worldwide have felt the effect of the pandemic and they have looked to their business income coverages—and their agents—for relief.
This pandemic has raised so many questions in the insurance industry, including:
- What coverages are our customers expecting to respond to the hardships caused by the pandemic?
- Why have most insurers denied coverage for these claims?
- How do the cause-of-loss exclusions come into play?
- How important is the virus exclusion?
- What are courts across the country deciding in response to the numerous lawsuits that have been filed?
- What legislative actions have been taken so far?
- And, where do we go from here?
Have you pondered any of these questions since last March? If so, you can learn the answers to these questions when you attend Business Income and the Pandemic, taught by Cathy Trischan, CPCU, CIC, CRM, AU, AAI, CRIS, ARM, MLIS, TRIP, on Monday, June 7, 2021, from 1- 4 p.m. This class is part of PIA Northeast’s Virtual Conference 2021 on June 8-9. And, it has been approved for three continuing-education credits. Sign up for Virtual Conference 2021 to attend this class. Trust us, you don’t want to miss it.