TRENTON, N.J.—Constance Mahoney of Westfield, N.J., was elected president of the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey today at the association’s annual business meeting. Mahoney is agency manager for Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J.
Active in PIANJ, Mahoney served as president-elect of the association in 2022-23; vice president in 2020-22; treasurer in 2019-20 and secretary in 2018-19. She currently is vice president of the Legislative/Regulatory and NJPIAPAC Governing Committees. Mahoney also is a member of the Executive Budget/Finance Committee as well as the Women’s Leadership Alliance.
Mahoney received PIANJ’s Director of the Year award in 2017. The award recognizes the hard work and dedication of a member of the association’s board of directors who has contributed remarkable time and talent to help support the association and its many programs.
In her community, Mahoney has served on the Westfield Republican Committee. She also was president of the Roosevelt Intermediary School PTA in Westfield and she was chair of the Junior League Thrift Shop.
Newly elected officers
The association also elected a full slate of officers during the annual business meeting. Following are the new officers who will lead PIANJ in 2023-24:
- President: Connie Mahoney of Westfield, N.J. Mahoney is agency manager for Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J.
- President-elect: Andrew Harris Jr., CIC, AAI, CISR, of Jackson, N.J. Harris is president of Liberty Insurance Associates Inc., in Millstone Township, N.J.
- Vice president: Roger Butler, CIC, of Cinnaminson, N.J. Butler is sales and vice president of the Barclay Group in Riverton, N.J.
- Vice president: Beth Frederickson, CPIA, of Fairfield, N.J. Frederickson is principal of Voluntary Risk Managers in Fairfield.
- Treasurer: Aaron Levine, CIC, of Long Branch, N.J. Levine is member agent for LG Insurance Agency in W. Long Branch, N.J.
- Secretary: Lisa Hamm, CIC, of New Providence, N.J. Hamm is president and owner of Clyde Paul Agency in Summit, N.J.
Elected to the board of directors
The association re-elected the following individuals to its board of directors during the annual business meeting. They will serve for a three-year term ending 2026:
- Michael Beckerman, CPCU, Beckerman & Co., in Colonia, N.J.
- Yossi Bolanos, Yossi United Insurance Agency LLC in Clifton, N.J.
- Alyssa Delaney
- Maria Escalona, CPIA, Jimcor Agencies Inc., in Montvale, N.J.
- Connie Mahoney, Mark Anthony Associates in Mountainside, N.J.
- William McMahon III, CIC, CWCA, McMahon Agency in Ocean City, N.J.
- Christopher Powell, Hardenbergh Insurance Group in Marlton, N.J.
The following individuals were newly elected to serve a three-year term ending in 2026:
- Ken Bull, Iroquois Mid-Atlantic Group, in Olean, N.Y.
- Walter Conroy, Liberty Insurance Assoc. Inc., in Millstone Township, N.J.
PIA New Jersey is the premier professional association for independent insurance agents, working to advance the needs of its members and be a leading voice in the insurance industry. PIANJ agents in the state of New Jersey—providing them with the very best education, information, advocacy, and business tools possible.